Monday, October 6, 2008

18th Anniversary


Today we celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary. It went very well. Chris went to work for half a day. I went to the quilt meeting. They had a drawing for Block of the Month and I won the blocks. After the meeting, I met with Nancy, who drove us to the thrift shop where I bought a humdinger of an ironing board. Then I walked back to the apartment, where Chris was waiting for me. He had gotten me a very nice card and I was touched.
Then we walked into Itaewon where all the international restaurants are. We chose an Italian restaurant. It was very nice and it was open at 2:30 in the afternoon. Chris ordered the Burning Pizza, which was spicy, naturally. Feeling adventurous, I ordered the Abalone Viscera Spaghetti, but they were out. So I settled for the Squid Ink Spaghetti. It was the perfect Halloween dish: spaghetti in an alfredo sauce with calamari rings, all black, with a small mound of bright orange fish eggs in the center. Yummy. (The mango smoothie was good, too.) When the dish was served, I thought "I'm wearing my best top, and I've ordered a plate of ink. What's wrong with this picture?". We brought the extra home and took a picture of Michele trying it. Later we took a short walk to the local coffee shop for dessert, but they didn't have any. So we had coffee with whipped cream, a Kiwi drink, and a nice conversation.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Congratulations on your anniversary, and on winning the quilt blocks!
Your dinner sounds extremely adventurous. Michelle has certainly grown up since I have seen her, and what a beautiful young lady she is!
Rick and I are off on Thursday for an adventure in Switzerland: Zurich and Lucerne, possibly other points in between.
Best wishes for another 18 years of wedded bliss!
Gail

Fern said...

Good luck on your Swiss adventure. That sounds like fun!
Fern