Thursday, October 9, 2008

Block of the Month


Here is a picture of the blocks I won Monday at the quilt meeting. It is nice that there are 12 of them. I can't really do anything with them until my large square ruler comes.
Wednesday I did a lot of running around on post. Got alot done, but it sure tired me out. Chris had to go in early so he got hungry for lunch early. He ate his sandwich then was still hungry so he called me to go to lunch with him. We went to the Katusa snack bar and had Fried Squid and Jabchae. Like so many Korean dishes, they were mostly Korean veggies over rice. And spicy. We were served two kinds of kimchi, one based on Bok choi and the other on eggplant. I didn't like either one.
Afterwards I went to the library and got the largest Korean dictionary they had. Sadly I haven't opened it yet. It is part of my plan to learn some Korean by looking up words from Korean newspapers, advertisements, announcements, etc. I figure if I have to look it up, I'll remember it.
Wednesday night the quilt group met to work on our donation quilt. We finished the top except for a border, if we want one. The lady who hosted it also showed us how she makes jewelry. Very interesting.

No comments: