Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Epic fail

Tuesday

I got up earlier than usual. I got dressed and walked outside. The temp was in the 60's but the wind blowing felt cold. I read through e-mail until the sun was stronger. Then I went out to water plants and wash gopher mounds back into the tunnels they came from. I chased it with rotting citrus peels.

I ate more watermelon from the fridge. It was still partially frozen. It digests well as long as I don't eat anything else at the same time. I put on a podcast to listen to while I marked and cut slits around the neckline of an old, over-sized t-shirt. Using a crochet hook, I 'braided' the slits together. That made the neckline so tight I couldn't get it over my head. So I cut slits around the waistline and did the same thing. But it did not make the waist any smaller.  I tugged it over my head and took a pic.  Not worthy of being our next project.

I made and ate breakfast while listening to a podcast. I sat out in the sun for a little bit, but it kept going behind clouds. At 2, I went to Saronna's house. We played through the music for Oktoberfest. Then I stopped by the garden on the way back. I tried to water Kenzie's beans and peas, but no water came out of the hose. I figured out that someone had turned the faucet off. So I checked other gardens and their faucets were turned off too. I turned on the ones I was responsible for and texted Casey. He wanted his turned back on, too. Later I texted Veronica to check her garden.

When I got home, I looked for a sewing project, then decided on the marble maze. I had to search for the directions, then when I found them, the guild meeting started. Chris came home from work and was soon talking to Michele again. I am guessing it was related to the job she was offered. She hung up just after the guild meeting ended.

I went out to mow, having to wear a jacket. Then I brought the battery in to recharge. I leveled another gopher mound which was built at the same place as this morning. I picked some spinach for a salad and crushed some garlic. Then Chris and I took the 5 gallon jugs to the shoppette to fill them with the special filtered water. Chris carried them in the house for me. I finished making my salad and ate it while listening to a tapping video.

Then I worked on my blog and made tea. We had a long discussion, then watched one episode of Walker Texas Ranger. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to read a book via a red light. Finally I went to bed.



Fern

Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die leaving undone.
Pablo Picasso


No comments: