Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Who let the pants out?

Tuesday

I got up at 7:30 but laid down again for a bit. Then I got ready for the day. I read some e-mail. I went out to water. There wasn't much to do for gophers. I read more e-mail and articles. I went to the garden to water Kenzie's plants. I got one pea pod. I noted green tomatoes in my garden. I plucked some green potatoes to bring home and plant.

I went to the post office to get the mail and drop off some swap shop items that Michelle gave me. I ran into the safety guy. He pointed out some things that needed addressing, like 6 cans of lighter fluid. We talked for some time, and then he got called away. I got a box from my car and put the cans of lighter fluid in it. I locked the rooms and went home.

I took a pic of the lighter fluid and another box I had from the last colonel who left flammable liquids. I posted them to the Facebook pages in case anyone was interested before I threw them out.

I made and ate breakfast. Jamie asked me to come over so I did. We talked for some time. She gave me two 3-ring binders. I went to Saronna's house and we played through the music for Oktoberfest.

I went home and wrote up a sign to tell people not to block the door. I loaded it to my thumb drive then went to the library to print out copies of it. We got into another long conversation. She cut the copies apart and pasted them to colored backgrounds for me.

I took them home and trimmed the backgrounds to ¾ inch. I sat down to listen and ripped open a pair of Chris' pants. I pinned and re-sewed the back seam. Then Chris came home. He tried them on and said they fit. Then, as I was pinning the band back in place, he brought out his tux pants and said they were too tight. Sigh. I ripped out that back seam, pinned it and sewed it with a narrow seam allowance. By then, he was talking to Michele. I had him try on the pants and they were still tight.

I tuned in to the presidential debate. I planned to pause it around 7:30 to go mow, but it was getting dark already. So I kept listening. I worked on my blog. Around 8:30, I made tea. Then we watched two episodes of WTR. My stomach began to feel bloated. As we watched TV, it got steadily worse. But no nausea. I kept rubbing it in circles.

Finally, after we were done, I took some activated charcoal and waited. Nope. I did some squats and leg raises. Nope. Chris helped me find the heating pad and I put that on my stomach as I finished watching the debate. Nope. I chewed on a piece of ginger. Nope. Crunches, Nope. I tried laying in the recliner with sleep music on. Finally I gave up and finished the two pairs of pants, sewing waistbands and belt loops back in place. It was after midnight when I went to bed.


No comments: