Saturday, September 14, 2024

The sugar glider

Friday

When I got up at 7:30, it was cold outside. So I read e-mail for awhile. Then I went to the chapel to host Math Morning. Saronna brought her kids and I helped two of them. I mentioned the furniture at the house on first street and she said she would like the chest of drawers. Then we cleaned up after the kids. She went home and I went to the swap shop.

Summer had it open. Her last day, she said. I worked with her, sorting clothes and hanging. I found some more suits for Chris. I took pics and sent them, but his phone would not accept them. So at noon when we packed up to leave, I put them in my car to bring home.

I went home for breakfast. Chris' car was gone. I made and ate breakfast. I checked messages and responded to them. Chris came back from the office. I made a grocery list. We went to the commissary, then put those groceries away. Then we drove into Tooele. I fell asleep listening to the book on CD.

When we arrived, I called Customer Service for Great Clips and they got me on the list of the local salon. While Chris shopped at Luckeys, I shopped at Melanie's. Then we went to Macey's. After that, I went to Great Clips and waited until my name was called. The guy took me back to a chair. We discussed options, then he trimmed it all up. We talked about Dugway needing people to cut hair and he and the next stylist offered to come. After I paid and walked to the car, I told Chris about it and he asked if I had gotten any names. I offered to go back in, but he wanted to go home.

When we got back, I texted Jamie and read messages. A lady asked me to set aside some stuff she saw in the pictures I posted of the swap shop. Then Jamie called to say she would be home soon. So I drove over there and parked. She was pulling yard and garden stuff from her garage for me to go through. A couple walked up and wanted to chat. After I picked what I wanted, then he picked some things. She helped me carry stuff to my car. We hugged and I went home.

Chris had pulled ribs from the oven. They were awesome! He was already gone to his game. I read articles as I ate. I looked up hints for my game. I put some yogurt in a jar for Michelle. I posted to my blog and made tea. I picked some greens and put them in a bag.

I went to Michelle's house. Her parents were visiting so I spoke to them. Then Michelle told me all about her day subbing in special ed. Somehow the conversation turned to flying squirrels. Michelle literally called her dad's phone and had him come out of the bedroom with a pouch around his neck. There was the cutest little squirrel in it. I held out my hand and it crawled on. It jumped to Michelle and back to him. Active little critter. And at one point it jumped/flew onto my face! Michelle caught it on video and sent it to me. 

 Then I played the game, getting frustrated because it was not following the course that the hints said it would. I changed to a different world. At first it worked, but things went wrong. At 11 I shut down the game and went home. Chris was still up so I told him about the flying squirrel.


Fern

Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die leaving undone.
Pablo Picasso


No comments: