Wednesday, April 29, 2009

ACCEPTED!



What a day it has been. First, I never thought I'd get up at 6 to make sandwiches after going to bed so late last night. But I did. I went back to bed for a nap, but was still ready by 10 to go, well, I don't know where. My friend Hyon and her driver picked me up in front of my building and we drove an hour to see a private property where the owner had gotten some traditional Korean Hanok (homes) relocated to his property and hired an architect to put them all together. We walked around a little, then other women showed up, including the owner's daughter, and we walked to a nearby restaurant for lunch. Afterwards the architect came and explained how everything fit together. And she did a computer presentation on some other projects she has worked on. When asked how I liked it, I didn't know what to say. At least I stayed awake? Then we came home and I showed Hyon how to park on post and walk to my house. She asked for a dinner invitation since her husband is out of town for 6 months. But we decided that 'leftovers' night wasn't the best, so we will invite her soon.

When I got home, Michele was waiting with good news. She has been accepted to Yonsei University. Yea! Also, she got e-mails informing her that she has been awarded financial contributions from the thrift shop and AWC, but not how much.
So after supper, and going to the theatre to watch Confessions of a Shopaholic (I am having the urge to buy clothes now), we stopped to buy ice cream to celebrate. Michele thinks we should eat out to celebrate. But don't we have to save for her college tuition? We saw Andrea at the ice cream shop and she invited us over to her place to pick up what's left of the cheesecake she brought on Monday. She also threw in 2 packages of blueberry jello that she had leftover. Now I can make the wonderful blueberry jello cream cheese dessert that she brought LAST week.

No comments: