Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday

I got up at 6 to make sandwiches, but THIS time, I did not go back to bed. I worked on Andrea's blocks, and my teal top and ironed some of my fabrics. During this I was watching "Girl from the Limberlost". Its pretty good and I look forward to finishing it. Then it was time to go to quilt group meeting. Pam is still recovering from having her eyes and neck done, so I catch the on-poast bus. It starts sprinkling. First, Adele did a demo of making a flag out of yo-yo's. Then we worked on making baby quilts. We got a lot of kits cut, and tied a bunch of tops. We are trying to get ahead because members will go on vacation over the summer and mothers will still be having babies. The report was up to 60 a month. Well, I don't see how we can make that many, but I'm hoping it'll all work out. Some people stopped by from the hospital to thank us for all the quilts we've made. Andrea drove me home and insisted on sharing her dessert with me. Which was great since she had made a jello with blueberry pie filling topped by Cool Whip mixed with cream cheese. MMMMM. Michele was on my computer so I got on Chris' computer and thinned out my e-mail. I got so sleepy that I laid down and went to sleep. I woke as Chris decided to go to bed early. So then I watched TV while folding laundry and working on Andrea's blocks. I know, I know, they are her blocks, but it is just as easy to do them myself. But I refrained from finishing them. After Michele went to bed, I got back on e-mail. One had a Youtube link, and that lead to another and another. Before I knew it, it was midnight. ***Plane trip home*** On the way to the airport I made several observations about Thailand. The motorcyclists do not wear helmets. They ride slower than the cars, but some of them insist on riding in the middle of the lane. There aren't many traffic lights, but the ones they have have countdowns by them so you know when the light will change. I hear cicadas. I see a 7-11. When we get to the airport, Jenny stands in line with us while we check our baggage and get boarding passes. Then we tip her and she leaves. With time to kill, we go to a Thai restaurant in the airport and I order the stir-fried morning glory. But it isn't what I was expecting. Tastes ok, though. I avoid anything with small green peppers. My stomach is alternatly fine and upset. What's up with that? Then we go through customs to the international side of the airport. I walk by all the shops as Michele sits and Chris brushes his teeth. I see a souvenir shop and buy black currant candy and a can of Thai coffee. Then we go to Gate 5. It isn't long before we are boarding the plane for our 7pm take-off. I hear many languages spoken on the plane. This time I have gum so our ears do ok. Supper is served, but I can't eat much. Chris gets mine. Except for the chocolate. I save that for later. 2 hours later we land in Kuala Lumpur. I remember the chocolate shops that I saw the last time we were here and I look forward to buying some. But the Gate we have to wait at is nowhere near the chocolate shops. Michele and I sit while Chris looks for the place to get boarding passes. Appaerntly they hid it because he is gone a long time. All the other passengers have gone through the scanners and we are still waiting. We talk to a Dodds teacher from Japan, but them he leaves, too. Finally Chris comes back, we get scanned, and have to wait. Then we board the plane and wait again. We finally take off about midnight. We taxi a long way before lifting off. I try to catch some sleep on the plane. The movie they show is "Bedtime Stories" with Adam Sandler. Then I put on my headphones and listed to the classical music channel. I use the eye-covers, blankets and pillows that they issue. There are many empty seats on the plane. There isn't much legroom. I get a little sleep. At 6am they serve breakfast, but again I can't eat much. We land at Incheon airport and immediately hit the restrooms.
Then we go through customs and for some reason the guy who checks Michele's passport has a problem with it. Chris and I go through quickly. Then we are in a hurry to get our baggage. There is a free bus to the hotel on post but we have to catch it or wait hours for the next one, and we just make it. That is an hour ride. When we get to post I notice that the cherry blossoms are now in full bloom. So pretty. It is Easter Sunday about 9am. We could go to church but elect to get some sleep. Before we head to the apartment, we stop by Chris' office to pick up the mail for the week. That wouldn't take long, but Chris' boss is in and wants to talk. ARRRRRGH! Finally we do get home and sleep.

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

I always wish the videos were longer! Beautiful!