Friday, April 17, 2009

Prom


There was no school today so Michele stayed home. I reviewed the patterns I bought at the thrift shop to see what I could make out of the fabric I bought in Thailand. Then I got a call from MaryAnn wondering why I was not at school picking up Michele's report card and talking to her teachers. It is parent-teacher conference day. OH! Michele never mentioned this, and insisted she didn't know. So I call Chris and he picked up her report card. Reading my e-mail, I find one from Tina asking me to call the clinic at 2 and to get a taxi to pick her up. But I am having trouble walking (due to my back) and MaryAnn offers to drive me to the taxi stand at 2. Although she was in a conference at 2, she insisted that having to stop and get me was a good thing. She drove me to the Dragon Hill where I got a lovely black taxi with a driver that spoke English. I gave him the clinic's card (that Tina gave me) and he drives me there. I run upstairs to get Tina and she looks like a chipmunk. She said they peeled skin from around her ears to take up the slack around her neck. Ick! So we get back in the taxi and he drives us back to her house. I stay for awhile, but she is not supposed to talk or laugh and I am not helping. So she insists on calling me a taxi to go home and pays for it. Then I help Michele get ready for her prom. She puts on her dress and I put make-up on her. Unfortunately, my skin tone is different from her and my foundation looks orange on her. But we work it out, and she looks lovely. She asked for a black necklace. I couldn't find one, but I had bought some coral beads at Dongdaemun that matched her borrowed dress exactly. I was trying to string her a necklace when the phone rang. A man is PSCing back to the states and needs someone to clean his place after he moves. When I hang up, she is gone to meet her ride. Luckily I got a few pictures before she left. Chris came home then and we had supper and watched a movie.

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

Ohh la la... Michele! You look wonderful!