Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Quilt class




This morning I woke up thinking that I need to get some plans made for the class I am supposed to teach tonight. I worked for awhile, and then caught the postrun bus to the school to pick up the key. After that, I went to the Chosun to look for Thai silk, but the shipment hadn't come it yet. They expect it tomorrow. I also went to the thrift shop and got a silk brocade skirt and some VHS movies. Chris called while I was there and needed my signature on a tax form so he picked me up and drove me home. Saved me a trip. So I worked on a sample for the class project, but didn't get very far. Then Andrea came over to work on her spring blocks. We got all the borders on and then she had to leave. So back to getting ready for class. Then Michele came home and we discussed how we were going to get her to her interview at Yonsei University tomorrow. Then Chris came home and we packed all my class materials in the car and drove to the middle school cafeteria. Chris had to show me again how to use the strange key. One by one students trickled in and I had them trace their own set of templates and choose fabrics. Most of them made the saucer, and a few attempted the cup. Many donated money to help out with the expense of batting and such. It went very well. Then we all packed up and Chris came to help me carry it all home.
***Ok, more pics of us in Thailand*** You did want to see them all, didn't you?

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

Yes, I do want to see them all, but the one of the feet, looking down, was a little scary!

Fern said...

That's us floating under the roof of the cave. It was pretty scary.