Monday, April 13, 2009

**Arriving in Thailand**





This morning I got up at 6 to make lunches, but went back to bed. I awoke at 7, then again at 8, then again at 9. Since I had to be somewhere at 9:30, I got up. I was a little late meeting Pam, trying to remember everything I had to bring to the quilt meeting. LOTS of members showed up today, probably because we were revealing our Secret Sisters and because somebody came to interview and take pictures for an article. We had lots of fun exchanging gifts, and talking. I personally didn't get much done, but I had brought three completed tops so I didn't feel too bad. We even had lunch. Again I did't bring any food since we had just gotten back from vacation and didn't go to the commissary. But several people sent food home with me. These are great gals.
In the evening I made another 16 patch project to go with the one I already had, and hung them on the wall to take the place of the Christmas stockings I took down.
***Monday April 6th***
We got up at 5 to be at the DHL before 7am when the bus to the airport leaves. It was an hour trip. We were three hours early for our flight, but the airport is huge and finding the right line was time-consuming. They didn't like our passports so we had to visit immigration and come back. Chris and Michele walk so fast I can't keep up. Finally we get to wait for our flight near the gate. Michele and I stop by the DunkinDonuts stand and select three doughnuts to pass the time. I also got some stuff at the Riceteria. It wasn't as good as the doughnuts. We take off at 11am for Kuala Lumpur. There is an announcment on the plane that a black pouch has been found in the lobby. Thank goodness I have mine in my... oh, no. It's mine! Thankfully my cash and camera are still inside. Then on to Kuala Lumpur. What a beautiful airport! See pic.
After a layover, we fly to Phuket, Thailand. We lost 2 hours in the trip. So it is 5pm, but I feel like it is 7pm. Our guide Jenny meets us holding a sign. She has a van and driver ready to take us to our hotel, the Amari Beach Resort. We arrive at 6pm. We are met with cold washcloths and fruit drinks. It is a 5 star hotel, but all the stars are outside. I call Tina who has been staying there with her family since Friday. Then we have supper at the hotel and retire early since we have to get up early to start a tour at 7:30. Around 10 a band plays 70's music in the hotel lobby. I am not amused.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

That pool looks soooo inviting!

Fern said...

Doesn't it? Too bad we never had the chance to go in.