Friday, April 24, 2009

Music


Met Nancy at the gate at 9am. We drove to the DHL and caught a taxi to the Seoul Art Center. We walked around a little and bought tickets to two concerts. We were buying tickets for friends too, but there were only two seats left for the June concert, so we took those. Our friends will have to make other plans. We went to a sheet music store and got the music for Phantom of the Opera and a Rachmaninov piece. There was also a CD store there. Nearby were instrument shops. We stopped at one and I played several 5 to 7 million won trombones. They were better than mine, but not that much better. Then at the next store Nancy tried out an expensive piano. Again, it was nice but not that nice. We caught another taxi back to the base, but it could not go on base, so we had to walk from the gate. I called Chris and he came by and picked me up just as we reached Nancy's turn off. So as she went home, he dropped me off at the DHL. I spoke to Michele (who was there for lunch) and whiled away almost an hour until the Swedish Drum Line began their performance on the highschool football field. I took a video but Blogger won't load it.

They were very good, but it started raining and people started leaving. Michele came and sat with me in the stands (probably 'cause I could keep her warm). Then I walked to Tina's house and we talked for hours. Then, since Chris and Michele wanted to go to a movie instead of our Korean lesson, I invited Tina to come with me. So we went out for Chinese food and walked to the coffee shop. Having Tina there made it more fun. But we agreed that we didn't get a whole lot out of it and she won't go next time. Next time we will meet at the teacher's house. On the way home she stopped for icecream. I was too full to have any. She drove me home and I spent the rest of the evening clearing out my e-mail.



***More pictures of us in Thailand***

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

Caption for Chris' photograph: The water might look beautiful, but it doesn't taste so good!

ashleymarie said...

OMG!! Michele is in a BIKINI!!! HOT!! :)