Saturday, April 18, 2009

**Final Day**





I woke at 8 and my back hurt so I went back to sleep. When I got up at 9, the pain was gone, but my body was acting as if it still hurt. I swept the apartment and started laundry. It was too late to go to the yardsale I had planned on, and I didn't feel like going to see cherry blossoms that involved walking more than a mile. So I stayed home, made curtains for the sewing room, and made a skirt for me. I then started a top to go with the skirt. At 6pm we met Imoneem for a Korean lesson. Aftwards I seclude myself in my sewing room again to work on the top.
**Final Day***
Chris and I get up early to walk to the beach. My back hurts so it is a slow walk. but the beach is beautiful and the snails are the largest I have ever seen. When we get back I call hotel services and send some clothes to the laundry because everything we hung out is still wet. We won't get them back before 2 when when we check out. We then go to the breakfast buffet. They have everything you could want to eat including freshly squeezed orange juice. When we get back, I iron dry two sarongs and a pair of jeans. What a challenge! Then I schedule an off-site massage. The hotel massages are four times as expensive. Chris goes with me to the outer lobby to get transportation to the clinic. It is a 25 minute trip. In the office I choose the 2 hour Thai massage. It is only 600 baht, which is less than $20. It is not a rubbing massage, it is more like being poked. Sometimes it hurts! But at the end I am more relaxed. However my back still hurts. The man that brought me then drives me back to the hotel. I go to our room, but it is empty. Chris and Michele have already checked out. I find them in the lobby, and turn in my hotel key. We have almost 2 hours to wait for our ride to the airport. So I decide to take a swim in the upper pool. Even though we have checked out, I am able to go to the pool stand and get a towel. I pull a swim suit from my suitcase and change in a nearby restroom. I have a lovely swim, and enjoy floating on my back and looking up through the trees. Then I go back to Chris for clean clothes (they have come back from the laundry - only $30) and head to the spa to shower and change. When I get back we board the shuttle bus to the outer lobby. In a few minutes our tour guide shows up with a van to take us to the airport.

No comments: