Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Furniture



This is how our rental furniture arrived. They used a ladder truck and hoisted it up to our 6th floor apt window.
Our apartment is like a 9-patch. The four corners are bedrooms. The top center square is the master bath and closets. The right center square is the kitchen and the left center square is the living room. The bottom center square is the front entry way and small bath. There is a long porch on both sides (LR and kitchen)
The water is not for drinking so we have a water dispensing machine. We get 4 large bottles of water a month included with the rent. There are remotes for the 3 AC room units and the lights in the bedrooms. I miss having ceiling fans, though.
A man came this morning to clean the water machine. Took him half an hour. He ran steam through the lines and washed all the parts. I hope he didn't mind my watching.
At noon I caught the bus to the massage area. It was too early for that so I stopped by the thrift store and got a trash can, some glasses to hold silverware (no silverware type drawers here), a shirt, some vacuum bags (for a vac I don't have yet), a 3 ring binder, and a power strip. I was really hoping to find sheets and towels, but they didn't have any. Then I got the massage, complete with herbs. I smell like a spicy baloney. Sat for a while, then walked my trashcan full of treasures all the way back to the apartment. Michele is now home, trying to get on the internet, so I think I'll let her.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

the apartment looks really nice. you could have a great "who can slide the farthest in their socks" contest on those floors with that set up it looks like! at least until the furniture is in place, that is.

i would say that you could have my vacuum cleaner because i hardly ever use it, except that (a) it would take forever to get there and (b) my mother and my mother-in-law both read this blog and i can't give them the impression that i'm not a wonderful housekeeper. so instead, i'll just be selfish with my gadgets and wish you luck finding your own.

ps if i come visit we're definitely going to the bakery that has froot loops and captain crunch on donuts, right?

Fern said...

Hi Kelly,
I would e-mail you directly but your address is on the other computer which is in shipment, ironically, with my vacuum cleaner. If you come, we will definitely go to the bakery. Maybe they will let you create your own donut with Pez.

Any idea how to clean wood floors?
(So your socks will stay clean during the contest:)

Pat said...

Gee, Fern, it looks like you are becoming addicted...to massage that is. Enjoy!
Pat