Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wednesday


This is my 4th day of scrubbing floors - about 100 sf of floor a day: scrub it, rinse it, shine it, rest for the remainder of the day if possible. But very satisfying. Can you see the difference between the floor on the right and the floor on the left? I would say I have about 2 days left, but I just got an e-mail that our first shipment is coming tomorrow! So I'd best get it finished in the AM. Once my fabric and tools get here, nothing else will get done.
Chris had a 5am teleconference this morning, so he left about 4:15 to walk to work. Unfortunately he left his cell phone, so I brought it to him (buses were running by then so I didn't have to walk all the way) and we walked to lunch. There were a few things I'd planned to do on post, but I returned the Hogan's Heroes DVD first (w/o a TV, we'd been watching the episodes on Chris' laptop for family entertainment in the evenings). While there I found a book by one of my favorite authors and, well, nothing else got done. I sat in the airconditioned library and read until I felt like coming home, to read some more.
Monday we had a quilter's meeting. There are a lot of nice ladies in it and the lady who hosted it has a lot of quilted items displayed in her house. Luckily they didn't have a name quiz afterwards. They have petitioned the garrison to get a long arm machine which will be housed at the Arts and Crafts Center. There does seem to be a need for quilt classes so I will check into that.
I rode around base with Pam, who is also joining the quilt group. We stopped at the Px where she bought a rotary cutter and mat. But they had no rulers. Weird. Monday they had no step ladders, but Tuesday they did. Expensive for such a little thing, but I guess they sell out, so I got it anyway.

No comments: