Sunday, September 21, 2008

I-Park Mall


Saturday Chris and I walked to the I-Park mall. Part of the adventure was not knowing where it was or what it looked like. Fortunately there are signs, some in English! Still, we walked farther than we had to trying to find it. And on the way we passed vendors selling Korean food. Some places had water tanks, with squid, crabs and fish swimming around. That way you know the food is fresh.
Then we went in the mall. It was huge. And not like other malls I've seen where there is a great big empty space in the middle and people go there to walk. This was more like being in a big department store. You could do plenty of walking, but you'd be walking around merchandize. There was a food court, where each restaurant had plates with Saran-wrapped meals on them, on display. It made me hungry for the spicy beef soup that we'd had last weekend. So, when we got home, Chris offered to make some soup. Well, it was VERY spicy. Good, but SPICY. There wasn't much left today, so I decided to make bread with it. Yeast does not like spicy food. So I had to give it a good work out so it could handle the spices. In the end, it did rise nicely. I can't wait until the other loaf is gone so I can cut this one.

No comments: