Thursday, September 25, 2008

An impromptu adventure


Today there was a luncheon at the thrift shop for the volunteers. However there was also a very long meeting preceding it and no chairs. Every one got to pick a gift. Mine was a scented sachet. They also had door prizes, which I also got - a white purse. Very nice. Then we ate in the pricing/sorting area. Such an array of foods!
Unfortunately, more standing. One lady was passing out samples of a Puertorican drink she'd made with rum. It was good, but strong.
Then Nancy told me she had to get home to a class on painting with paper pieces. Since I had no idea what that was, she invited me. I had a great time, first watching, then trying it out. It is harder than it looks. But when done right, the result is like a watercolor painting. I met her two friends who were taking the class, too. One of them has a driver, and dropped me off in Etaewon. I got to walk home through the antiques section again. I remeber thinking how at ease and safe I felt even though I was walking through a foreign city, and a big one, alone. I've come a long way.

No comments: