Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday


Today after Chris and Michele went off to work and school, and I cleaned up after breakfast, I packed my shoulder bag for a day of errands. First, I went to the thrift shop and bought hangers, a laundry basket and a 220 extension cord. They let me leave the basket there while I ran to the library to return some books, and checked a store for cabinet door clips that will allow me to hang aprons from the cabinet door. No luck. Our walls are concrete so a nail in the wall is not an option.
After I picked up my basket, I ate my sandwich and went to the woodcraft shop to make a spice rack. I had drawn two sets of plans, not knowing what kind of wood they would have. The nice Korean man picked the one that called for 2x4's. I had been told that I needed to 'qualify' on the machines and then they would let me make whatever I wanted. But this man thought it was too hard for me and did most of it himself. I think it is because I'm a girl. But Chris says (with a big michievious smile) its because he thinks I'm an old woman. Anyway, it turned out great. The only problem being that it won't fit in the cabinet because of the way the door is attached.
After that, I dropped off Nancy's towels and some rolls at her house, then walked home. It was a lot of walking and I have fallen asleep twice since getting home.
I ran into a new friend that wants to show me the off-post quilting group on Monday afternoon. The on-post group meets Monday morning. Funny thing is, I've been here a month and have found two quilting groups. But they don't seem to know about each other.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Can't wait to hear about these quilting groups...We set up the show today (Thursday)and I will take some pictures of that..I am excited for you and all the people you are meeting. You must be establishing quite a repore with those fabric packet people.
Pat