Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sunday cleaning


Yesterday there was supposed to ba a flea market by Gate 10. Michele and I were looking forward to it, but it never materialized. The thrift store was having a tent sale so we went there and got some clothes and a blanket. We also signed up for the AFSC, Armed Forces Spouses Club. Michele and I got a fast food lunch and split it. Then we came back to the apt. Later the three of us went back on post to see WALL-E. It was good. We stopped by the commissary on the way back and got more food. I guess once we have all the staples and spices covered we won't have to do so much shopping. Also, they only have 1/2 gallons of milk. Don't know why.
We have discovered that the little walk-in gate near us is not open on weekends. This makes getting on post a much longer walk. It is ok in sneakers, but I am not doing it in dress and heels. That will make getting to church problematic. Maybe there is an off-post church that would be closer.
I cleaned the kitchen floor today. Michele didn't understand why because she thought the floors were clean. First, I felt that I had failed as a mother to teach my daughter what 'dirt' looks like. Later, I felt even worse when it occured to me that maybe I hadn't taught my daughter what 'clean' looks like.
The spot in the living room that I cleaned with ammonia looks the best. But Chris commented that that was the 'slick' spot. Do I have to choose between safe and clean? I was also thinking that to me 'dirty' = 'needs cleaning', but not so for the rest of the family. 'Dirty' only equals 'needs cleaning' if they are going to eat off of it right now.
Friday we stopped by the commissary and they were handing out samples of Korean drinks. I tried the Black Bean Tea. The nicest thing I can say is that it made Corn Tea seem not so bad.
We saw the ladder truck again. Someone above us got their furniture. There are 18 floors here. Hard to believe that the ladder can reach that high. Do you think they'd let me borrow it to clean the windows?
My cold is better. I think it is just an adjustment to living in a new area.
The walls in the movie theatre remind me of quilt blocks. I was thinking about how to make the design into a quilt, but then I began to miss all my quilting tools. I have fabric all prepared, but not the stuff to work with it. It is very frustrating.
Well, we are going to another movie, another long walk. I hope it is a good one.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Wait until you get to be my age...you don't even see dust anymore.
Pat