Tuesday, September 16, 2008

AFSC Luncheon


First, to catch up, on Sunday Chris and I went to see Journey to the Center of the Earth. A good movie, although slightly unbelievable. I made our first loaf of homemade bread in this apartment.
Monday, Chris went to work even though most places were still closed. No school. Michele met him in the afternoon to see HellBoy. I went to the thrift shop on post then came home to scrub the kitchen floor, again. This is the last time, I hope.
Tuesday, today, Pam picked me up so we could attend the AFSC luncheon. AFSC stands for Armed Forces Spouses Club. It is THE club to join because most other clubs are an off-shoot of it and require membership in it. So, ok.
There were vendors there selling homemade stuff (bows, jewelry, quilted items, candles, handbag knockoffs) and furniture, specialty papers, and fabric. I looked at everything else first because I knew all the money I had left would be spent on fabric. It was sold in packages of 2 yards for $5. It is the same people I bought from several weeks ago. So I knew it was good fabric. I got 19 packages. I could barely carry it home.
The tables were fancy, with ribbons, fans, orchids, tulle, table favors, etc. There was a long list of 'Thank you s' and lots of clapping. Some voting. Finally we got to get in line for the buffet. I was told that they usually serve tableside. I got two desserts because they were small. But one turned out to be coffee-flavored and I couldn't eat it.
Afterwards they had several Korean groups doing dances and singing. I would have enjoyed it more if I knew what they were singing about. There were also prizes, raffles, and a party game to determine who got each centerpiece.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Did you say orchids...describe them.
Pat