Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tuesday thrift


Today I volunteered at the thrift shop on post. We sorted clothes, priced them and put them out on the racks. People here are very picky about what they keep and sell. A lot goes to Korean charity because of wear, smell, ugliness, or wrong season. But as one person put it, it is very subjective. We worked until 1:15. Then I went to the furniture store and bought another folding chair. Since the sky was threatning rain, I asked for a bag. The guy plastic-wrapped it instead. So I walked home with my plastic-wrapped chair. But it didn't rain, thank goodness. Then a nap was in order.
In this picture you can see the hill that I have to climb to the apartment whenever I return, usually carrying something. Caution: hill is steeper than it appears.
At 4:30 I took the bus to the Dragon Hill and met Chris at the deli. He got a sausage dish and rice. I had a few bites, and then we walked to the movies. We saw "Get Smart". It was better than the previews. After that, we walked back home, in the dark, without benefit of the bus. We talked about how we'd like to walk to one of the restaurants I'd seen yesterday for our 18th wedding anniversary in October. Soon after we got back, a man dropped by with some special picture hangers that fit in a rail around the edge of the ceiling and hang down.

No comments: