Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New Apartment






Kitchen, Mbr, Living room, Front entrance, M bathroom
Wednesday morning.
We moved into our new apartment yesterday afternoon. Chris and I came over about 10 to get the keys, or rather electronic cards that let you into the building. The door to the apartment has a key pad. Our realestate agent and her boss helped us transport our belongings from the hotel to the apt. Then they checked for burnt-out light bulbs, cabinets that need adjusting, remotes that don't work, etc. and made a list. A guy came to hook up the internet. A lady came by with a strange bulb for the kitchen light. But she dropped it. Since this is a country where people take off their shoes when they enter, she was standing barefoot amid the shards of glass. Luickily the former tenants left brooms so we swept it all up. I am glad she wasn't hurt.

The worst part was not having a chair to sit on. Sitting on the floor did not 'sit' well with me. About 2 I walked to post to catch a bus to Dragon Hill Lodge to meet Michele after school. I waited al least half an hour. I could have walked it, but it was hot! I had both carry-ons and fabric and batting with me. When I found Michele, she'd already called Chris and found out that we had a job to do. We went to the lending closet and picked out plates, silverware, cookware, iron, toaster, etc. We had to pack these items in our carry-ons and take the bus back to the gate where we walk to the apartment. Chris met us there and carried my load. He had stayed behind to let the movers in. This is loaner furniture, beds, couch, table, chairs, etc. But no lamps. And no sheets or towels. So we had to go to the Px to buy pillows, sheets, and towels. I hated them, but they were all that were left. And these beds aren't the same sizes as our beds. Grumble, grumble. This afternoon I am off to my massage and then the thrift shop to see if they have better linens and towels. There is a host of small stuff that we kinda need, and we packed, but it hasn't come yet. We were told to expect it in two weeks, now they say it takes 30 to 45 days. I really miss WalMart.

1 comment:

Pat said...

The place looks really neat!
Good luck in your new abode.
pat