Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday - mending day


I didn't feel well today. But, amazingly, I got a lot done. Laundry, a trip to the commissary, swept and swiffered the apartment, cleaned the bathrooms, washed the dishes, filled out forms, sat with frozen peas on my shoulder, read and answered my e-mail, worked several Sudoku puzzles and mended jeans, pants and shorts. THEN, Pam and I went to Adele's house to make a donation quilt. As soon as I got in Pam's car, I felt 100% better. There were about 6 of us and we had a ball. We accomplished far more than we expected to: chose a pattern, selected fabrics, cut out all the pieces, and sewed most of the blocks. The pattern takes 120 5 inch blocks. We stopped about 10:30 because my husband had to walk me home from the commissary gate.
In this picture you can see the foyer that leads to our bedroom and the sewing room. That cool thing on the wall is the video doorbell. You can see people who want to get into the building (and open that door for them) or you can see who is standing in the hallway ringing your doorbell. You can talk to them, too, if they understand English.

No comments: