Sunday, September 21, 2008

Seven Quilts



This weekend I pieced 7 quilts. Pretty impressive, huh? Well, actually it was a 1000 piece puzzle with 7 quilts in the picture. And I had a little help from my former self. Years ago when I didn't have time to make the puzzle, I separated all the pieces based on what part of the picture they were from. I put each pile into an envelop and placed them in the box. I also completed two Blocks of the Month and two Friendship blocks. One of the ladies is leaving soon so we are contributing signed blocks. Monday is the day both quilt groups meet, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. The one in the morning makes quilts for the Stork's Nest, which is comprised of pregnant military mothers. They also make Quilts of Valor. And, I understand they do it by assembly line. Should be interesting. I have no idea what the other group does. That should be even more interesting.
(see Block of the Month and my sewing room in photos above)

No comments: