Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cleaning up

Last night when I made Chris' sandwich, I used up the last of the bread, so I started another loaf in the machine before I went to bed. When I got up this morning, I took the bread out and put it in the fridge. My back was better today, though not back to normal. I had breakfast in front of my computer as usual. Sue e-mailed me that she was coming over to get her box of fabric, so I decided to get dressed and clean up a little. I carried two loads of recyclables down stairs. It was good exercise. But eliminating the recycling was not enough to make the kitchen presentable, so I closed those doors. Sue came over with her husband. He is a very pleasant fellow. They had a luggage carrier and loaded the fabric on that. Sue recommended that I put frozen peas on my back, followed by heat. Well, my back was not bothering me nearly as much as my lower shoulder. So I laid down with the bag of peas on my upper chest. It felt good. Then, since I couldn't find my heating pad, I microwaved a bag of rice. That was nice too. In my sewing room, I put together 3 more panels of charm squares. I was so happy, thinking I had finished. But when I went to count up my panels, I could only find 19. Either I lost one, or I miscounted earlier. But hey, I had squares left over, so I just made one more panel. Now I have all 20! And the kingsize backing I ordered came in the mail on Monday, so I am set. Those last 4 panels needed ironing, but my ironing board and cutting table were full of Japanese fabric sorted into coordinating stacks. I had to find some way of dealing with that. I put together a box that I bought at the SIWA bazaar, and loaded it with fabrics that I intended to wash. But some fabrics I think I will make kits of and sell them, so I am not going to wash those. Anyway, hours later, I had enough space to iron my panels. After I finish this blog, I will go to bed and read for a little while. I am reading a book on the brain, and differences between the sexes. Men are typically left-brained and women use the right hemisphere more often. The left side is more optimistic because it is the right side that identifies problems. Women are 5 times more likely to develop depression. The answer to the age old question of why men don't ask for directions is that they don't realize there is a problem.
* This quilt was one of many quilts each featuring one kind of flower. I think the public was supposed to vote for a favorite one. *

No comments: