Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wish I were there...

Chris had to be at work by 5:30 this morning. I don't know if he woke me up or not. I got up just before the alarm at 7:30. I washed, and partially dried a load of fabric, laying out carefully on the bed. I had breakfast, e-mail and a shower. I was glad I had shopped yesterday because it snowed over night. I made it to the thrift store by 11. Maryann came in today, and straightened the bookroom while I added books to it. Naturally we picked on each other. Mrs. Chung asked me to drive to Gate 10 to pick up two volunteers. She brought me some seaweed with sesame seeds on it: something her mother made. It was really good and I ate it all for lunch. In the box of books with my name on it (that I discovered on Tuesday), was a Pfaff sewing machine. Thankfully it had thread on it, so I tested it out. Everything worked but the light bulb. Geri said to put $60 on it, so I did. I left about 3:30 I think. Went home to iron all the fabric. I also packed a few things for class, and wrote up the January minutes for the guild. It must have been close to 6 when I left for post. The guard was trying to tell me how to say "Work hard today" in Korean. It must be some kind of greeting. It was 6:15 when I left the parking lot. I was just starting to set up by 6:30 and no one was there. Actually Ruth Ann stopped by just long enough to pick up her mat because she wasn't feeling well. But the others were just late. They probably had trouble parking because of the big group in the fellowship hall. There were 8 of us cutting, sewing and pressing scrap strips to make scrappy blocks for the Australian flood victims. At 8:30 we were packed up and ready to leave. I drove to the parking lot and switched cars. Drove Chris' car home. He was in bed before I got there. Supper was on the stove and I had a bite to eat before sitting down to notify several people of several details. Then it was blog time, and finally bedtime.

No comments: