Saturday, February 19, 2011

A kingsize accomplishment!

We slept in until my alarm went off at 7:30. Fast forward half an hour (never mind why): I ironed some of the strip sets I sewed last night before I went to bed, I ate breakfast in front of my computer, then took a shower, and got ready to go back to the AnC center. Chris and Michele sat with their laptops, ready for the Saturday morning games. On the way to AnC, I picked Cathy up in front of her apt bldg. We stopped briefly at the SPC and then on to AnC. She tweeked the rocker arm of the longarm, and then we finished my quilt. While it was stitching, I cut up the strip set that I had pressed earlier, and made another one. This is for the Australian project. Cathy left at 12:30 for lunch. I took my quilt off the longarm, and took pics of the front and back. The nice young man from yesterday came back - just a little too late to see the machine in action. I packed up and went to the office to pay for the thread. That took longer than expected and I had no time for lunch before meeting Helen at the Ichon station at 2. She and I walked down to the Han river and rented bikes. We rode down to the Banpo bridge, crossed the river, down to the next bridge, turned around and came back. We stopped several times to drink, blow our noses,readjust our seats, etc. Gotta remember next time to bring my gel seat cover. After turning in the bikes, we found a little restaurant to have supper. I had the spicy beef soup and she had kimchi dumplings. She told me about some fermented bean cake that she bought near her place. We went to the market to find it, but she couldn't remember the name. I did get some eggs. The owner packed them in a bowl. We parted at the subway station. I walked back to post and took my car home. I used the elevator instead of the stairs so as not to jostle the eggs. Chris and Michele were gaming with Romaric when I got home. I put the eggs away, showed off the quilt, then laid it on the bed. Getting ready for bed now.

No comments: