Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hurting

The alarm went off at 7:30 and it took me awhile to get there from my bed to turn it off. Funny how far apart everything seems to be when your back hurts. And my hips seem to weigh a ton. I did not go to the thrift shop like I usually do. It seemed prudent to stay home - like I had a choice. I tried tapping, visualization, several releasing methods, prayer, etc. It was while I was in my sewing room, going through all the fabric I bought in Japan this year and last year, that I suddenly noticed that the pain was gone. Fabric therapy. I still had the pain in my chest like someone punched me there. I told Michele that maybe I am a superhero at night and don't remember it during the day, just have the bruises. She considered it unlikely. I was on my computer watching a Statler DVD that Cathy lent me when Chris came home. I told him not to disturb me 'cause I didn't know how to pause it. He and she had leftovers, and so did I when the DVD was finished.
Then I went back to my computer to clear more e-mail. One was a audio clip about several intense experiences that will change your life. One is to write your own eulogy. Another is to lay on a bed, pretend that you are 106 and your life is done, and see what that future you would say about something that worries you now. A third thing is to plan, prepare and eat your last meal. Invite your friends over for it. Tell them, or not, just see what that feels like.
Well, after finishing that audio, I tried to get up, and the back pain has returned. So now I think I will go to bed.
* A pic from the quilt show, made of thousands of tiny hexagons *

No comments: