Thursday, February 24, 2011

Luncheon at the thrift shop

I had the usual morning routine, with breakfast, e-mail, and a shower. I cleaned up the table a little so there would be room for my student to eat lunch. We were having a potluck lunch at the thrift shop, so I cut up some cheese for that. I arrived at 10:45, which was perfect. There weren't many books, and I had everything shelved by noon. At noon they brought out a table and we set out our food. Ella announced the volunteer of the month, and then we ate. Then Laura brought out a carrot cake with candles to celebrate February birthdays. When we were packing up the food, Nayeun wanted to give away the kimbap she made. I was willing to take it, but my container had cheese in it. She wanted the cheese, so we traded. Then Laura encouraged people to take cake home. So I added a piece of cake for Chris and Michele to share. I spent the rest of my time there counting puzzle pieces. When 2:3o arrived, I signed out, so I could meet my student, but she never showed up. I tried to call her father, but couldn't reach him. He had not left his usual text, so I figured they forgot to tell me something came up. Maryann and I talked for quite a while. Then I came home, figuring to do some sewing. But I checked my e-mail, and found a link to an audio that promised great results. So I listened to that. I ate some of the kimbap, and then went to quilting class. I set up enough equipment for myself to sew in case no one else showed up. Well, three others did, but they came late. We all sewed strips, and ironed and cut. Then swept up and went home. At home, I listened to two weight loss tapping audios, and wrote to my blog.
* Here is another quilt from the Tokyo show *

1 comment:

Fern said...

Děkuji, souhlasím