Monday, February 28, 2011

Long day of quilt-making

Got up at 7:30 to make breakfast and read through e-mail. I took a shower, packed my stuff and foods for lunch. I brought cheese and bean salad. On the way to the SPC, I stopped by ACS to drop off the minutes for January and February. When I got to the SPC, Cathy was already there starting to set up. Carla was setting up tables. As we chatted, others arrived. We set up for making baby quilts. But Mary worked on a QOV, and Cathy worked on a scrap quilt. Interestingly, although we worked until 3:30, we didn't finish any baby quilts. But we got a bunch of them to the final stage. Next week we will have a lot to deliver to the hospital. But those numbers will go on the March report.
Before I drove home, I tried out the two spool pins Star gave me. Neither one fits the sewing machine in my car trunk. The hole is too small. I may have to try a wooden skewer. And I finally remembered to put the car registration back in the glove box.
When I got home, I had a bite to eat, then got on my computer to listen to the last two tapping audios. Chris came home while I was doing that. He fixed beef burritoes for himself and Michele. I had some vegetarian curry from Saturday. Then we watched more X-files episodes while I worked on the binding of my quilt.
* Yesterday's quilt was made from old kimonos. Today's quilts are part of a featured artists section with a Hawaiian theme. *

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

even the hawaiian flowers on the floor are pretty. thanks for sharing. AL

Fern said...

Yes. Can you believe she quilted each one of them?