Thursday, February 3, 2011

teaching

I woke up a minute before the alarm went off. Been doing that for a few days now. My back was much better and my shoulder didn't hurt. However, gravity got me, and the pain in my shoulder came back. Normally I would go to the thrift shop, but it was closed for Lunar New Year. So I spent that time sewing panels of charm squares together. I had to get Michele to remove them from the walls. At the moment they are in 4 long strips on my bed. I think it will be a nice size - 100 by 100.
At 2:15 I drove to the thrift shop to pick up my student, and brought her back here to the apartment. She was in quite a mood today. She wanted to make a purple apron, and had fabric, but didn't like it. So she offered to give it to me if I would let her select from my stash. So I let her. Getting her to stay on task was like pulling teeth. She was not finished by the time her lesson was over. I hope she will finish it at home, since she has made one already. Did she learn anything? We'll find out.
After she left, I started listening to a video recording on-line, but there wasn't time to finish it. Chris came home, and I greeted him, then left for quilting class. I pulled a few class items out of storage but my arm was bothering me so much, that I let others do the rest when they showed up. Class went well. We were doing the second part of a paper-pieced snowman, taught by Mary. One lady came back with 4 snowmen! There is an overachiever in every class. Cathy came, and we discussed what she might want to teach next week while I am in the Philippines. Then we packed up and headed home. I plan to finish sewing my charm quilt, and then go to bed.
* Here is an interesting quilt from the quilt show. *

No comments: