Friday, February 4, 2011

Packing - again

Everyone had the day off today for Lunar New Year, so Chris was home today. He and Michele went to a movie in the afternoon. I finished my charm quilt top last night. I took it and the backing over to Cathy's place thinking we would get it started today, but we spent so much time futzing with possible designs, that there wasn't time. By the time I came back from her place, Chris and Michele had already left the apartment. I cleared out e-mail while eating from a bag of frozen fruit. Unfortunately I ate too much, and felt really bad for awhile. Then I started packing for the trip. I did procrastinate because of the enormity of the task. But I had a list from the trip to Tokyo. I added a swim suit, sarong, and beach hat to the list. Then I packed as best I could. The regulations on luggage are stricter than ever. 10 kilos in a med. suitcase and 7 kilos in carry-on. To make the 10 kilos, I had to pack stuff in my carry-on that I would rather not carry. Oh well. I also had to iron and re-sew my wrap-and-tie pants before packing them. I tried on everything I packed to be sure it still fit as I remember. Except the suits, but they are the only ones I have. It is just after nine and Chris has gone to bed. I will shower and then go to bed myself. We are getting up at 4am. And not taking our computers, so will have to catch up on blogging when I get back.
* Here is a pic of a group quilt. It seems to be many projects sewn onto a base quilt. *

No comments: