Monday, February 14, 2011

Dongdaemun comes to us!

Chris got up extra early to go to Daegu. So that's when I woke up, and couldn't go back to sleep, so I got up around 6:30. I sewed a border strip onto a quilt in progress. Then checked e-mail. Finally I took a shower, ate breakfast, packed three cutting mats, and walked to post to my car. I drove to gate 17, where Mr. Kang's helpers were waiting. I tried to sign them in, but they did not have proof that they had permission to drive Mr. Kang's van. So one of them called for a fax, and ran somewhere to pick it up. Then everything went smoothly. They followed me to the SPC with their van-load of fabric. A bunch of women were waiting to dive in to their wares. I bought my share or more. OF course. Like I needed more fabric. Then the two men went out to lunch. We invited them to eat with us, but they wanted burgers or pizza or something truly American. When they came back, they packed up the remaining fabric. They had 5 empty boxes. I guess it was worth their while to sell to our group and the others that came.
We packed up late, having worked on baby quilts, and a scrappy quilt top for the Australian flood victims. Then I went home, with two heavy bags of fabric. PT for quilters. I did not start the washing/drying/pressing process. I watched the latest TQS video and some others. When Chris came home, we had supper: ham and onions. Then I finshed the rest of the three borders on my quilt-in-progress. The top is now finished. No time to blog about Boracay tonight. Time for bed.

No comments: