Monday, February 21, 2011

President's Day

Chris got to stay home today. So I got up alone to wash and partially dry my last load of fabric - the dark load. I also prepared several boxes to go into the mail. Around 10:30 I drove on post to gate 17 to meet the Pfaff man. Star showed up about the same time. Kennedy and her neighbor came later. We were getting worried that he wouldn't show, but turns out that he had been sitting in his van the whole time. We of course, were standing out in the parking lot trying to look conspicuous. He couldn't reach his interpreter, so several of us were trying to reach anyone who spoke Korean to explain what was done, not done, or needed to be done. When the others had finished their transactions, he turned to leave. I tried to remind him that he had parts to two of our machines. I had to get someone to tell him that, too. He had forgotten all about them, and didn't even remember if he had fixed them or not. He promised to come back in a week or two. Then I drove the car to gate 37 to leave it there and walk home. But first I used my new microfiber cloth to clean the windows. The grime that came off was astounding. Now my windows are clean, but how will I gat the cloth white again? I walked back to the apt., stopping by the main office to get a parking decal. I ironed all the fabric that was washed, and folded it. I also finished the Australian blocks and ironed them, too. I was on e-mail when Michele announced supper. We had a roast and corn. I ate very little. Then we went to see "Megamind" because Chris and Michele said I had to see it. It was good, and had an unexpected plot. When we got back, I ate blueberries and walnuts while doing Sudoku puzzles. All too soon it is time for bed.
* Here is a pic from the Tokyo show *

No comments: