Saturday, November 15, 2008

Music Street

Saturday: No one e-mailed me to do anything, so we (the family) decided to go to Music street, some place Michele had heard about where bands play. She knew the Korean name, which I forget, and which subway stop it was on. So off we went, bringing scarves (too warm for coats, too cool for just a shirt) and an umbrella because it looked like rain. We had to buy Michele a subway card, but now we each have our own. We had to transfer twice to get to the correct station. Then we had no idea where to go. We headed off in one direction. No luck, turned left. Walked a ways, stopped for lunch. It was an Indian Nepalese restaurant. My dish had prawns. Michele's had lamb, and Chris' had cottage cheese. But it was the sauces that really made each dish. (Chris's was the best).
We did more walking after that. But no luck. We found a tourist info center. They said the street was called Club Street. Neither Chris nor Michele wanted to go then, so we stopped at a French patisserie and bought two good-looking pastries. Then we took the subway home. Only we didn't get home. At the last transfer station, we got on the wrong train. Apparently there is more than one train on that track. We went across the river, got off at the next stop and came back. We went to the same place, and got on the next train. This one DID take us home. Phew! When we got back, we found that after the trip, our pastries looked like modern art. The one I chose had a cappucino flavor. Lucky for me, the one Chris chose tasted like peaches. So we switched.
I forgot to mention yesterday that I was stopped in the subway by a young man asking if I was American. I said yes. Then he put his arm around me, and took our pic with his cell phone, said 'Thanks' and was gone. I don't know what it means, but I guess I 'still got it'.

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

Must mean somthing to be photographed with an American! Funny!