Sunday, November 30, 2008

A profusion of flowers


Today is my 46th birthday. It may interest you to know that I am a bit of a snob when it comes to numbers, especially prime ones. The more factors a number has, the more I like it. So 45 is definitely better than 46. 46 is better than 47 (totally prime). But 48 is one of the best.
Anyway, at church the pastor always has the birthday people stand with him and pray. So I did. And during the service, Nancy and her friend played Panis Angelicus as a cello duet. That was very nice. I pretended it was for my birthday. After the service, Nancy and I took her cello home then returned for our husbands. Chris Skyped them later in the afternoon to check out the video capabilities of the connection and our computer. Our Skype ID is Damourcd.
Along about 6pm I started getting worried that we hadn't seen Michele. She wasn't allowed a cell phone (or a watch), and we didn't have a contact number or an estimated time of return. It was dark and I didn't want her having to walk home all that way. Chris called around, got a contact number, and found out that they were just then about to leave the retreat center. So we dressed up warmly. I told Chris he needed a scarf and he said "But you made a rug out of it!". Fine, wear the rug. (pic to come).
Anyway, we left a note and a cell phone facing the door, in case she got a ride home, and set off for the South Post chapel. About half way there, she called, so we turned around and headed back home. She greeted us with a large bouquet of flowers that they had given her at the retreat. Add that to the flowers I bought Friday and the ones she came home with on Wednesday and you get a table full. I love flowers. I spent the rest of the evening binding the scarf rug and making another larger rug.

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

Happy, happy Birthday!! What did Chris do for you?

So glad Michele is home safe!