Sunday, November 2, 2008

Secret Sister gift


Sunday we went to church, transported by the Lunds. Thank you, Rick. Chris tells me he will buy a car this month. I suppose he has it picked out. I spent the rest of the day working on my secret sister gift. I have made 6 blocks so far, with plans for 3 more. Making the block is easy, but I have to get the digitization right. I also wrote a poem to go with it so she'll know there will be more coming. I think two at a time is enough. I wrapped two of the blocks in a square of coordinating fabric along with the poem. But guess what? She didn't show up this morning so the gift was never opened. It will be passed along to her at some point, and she'll open it without the attention of the group. I am a little disappointed, which begs the question, did I really make it for her? or to show off? I'd like to think I just wanted to see her open it. My secret sister gave me a small box of chocolate, and a picture frame with a pen. We opened gifts at Hannah's house. This is the one Monday a month that we meet at someones house. We were to bring something to work on and something for show and tell. I didn't have either. Ralu had two things, so she let me sew binding on one of her quilts.
Walking to and from Hannah's house, I spotted a little shop with PVC in the window. I will have to go back and see what kind of selection they have. After we returned to post, Pam (my friend with a car who likes to drive me around) asked if I needed to go anywhere. I wanted to go to the commissary, so she dropped me off there. What a genius I am. The commissary is closed on Mondays. Oh, well. A little extra walking never hurt.

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

I would have been disappointed as well. I think everyone likes to see the reaction when a gift is being opened, espcially if you made the gift yourself!