Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

First thing in the morning we got a call from Chris' parents. That was a nice surprise. Chris and Michele spent the morning on their computers. I altered a pair of pants. All of a sudden we realized that we had only a few minutes to catch the on-post bus to make the dinner we've been invited to. Half way there, it hit me that I'd forgotten my ID. So I ran back thinking the others would get the casserole there on time to be reheated. But I had to wait for someone to come out of our building because I didn't have my building card either. When I finally got my ID and card, there was Chris. Apparently the bus was only running every 90 minutes because of the holiday. So he called Rick, and Rick came to the apt to pick us up.
There were 8 of us for dinner: Rick and Nancy, Chris, Michele and I, and 3 co-workers of Chris'. We had a marvelous dinner and interesting conversations for hours. Unfortunately Nancy was feeling under the weather and couldn't eat with us. It was a shame since she was the hostess and couldn't enjoy her guests. Chris and I helped clean up, but she insisted on doing the dishes later. Rick drove us home because it was raining.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

How was the sweet potato casserole? That's what I also made as one of my contributions to the meal.

Fern said...

It was a little thin, but very sweet.