Friday, November 21, 2008

Sewing and sewing and sewing...

Thursday I went to the thrift store to volunteer. We put out Christmas stuff, and arranged purses in the back. I also sorted the utilitarian bag display. Tina was there, and after lunch (somebody brought two pizzas), we went to her house for another sewing marathon. I finshed the first quilt top while Tina cut strips. Then, while she put the top and backing together, I sewed strip sets. We now have enouugh strip sets for the next two quilts. We stopped by the commissary. then she drove me home. Chris had made supper (he always does, isn't that wonderful?) so we ate and went to bed.
Friday while waiting for Tina to call, I finished a chenille scarf. I had already cut out the strips longitudinally. But then she remembered that she'd cut hers diagonally. So, whereas she sewed longitudinally, I had to sew diagonally. Arrgh! Then I soaked it and put it in the dryer. It fluffed nicely, but didn't get dry. Cutting through the channels, I ruined my second best pair of scissors. There was a pin I didn't see. Double arrgh and triple arrgh! I also made another pair of pants and nearly finished lowering the waistband on the previous pair. Tina called about 4, and said she'sd call back, but she didn't. I expect to hear from her this morning. We have plans to go to the craft sale at the high shool and to find the thrift shop in Insadong.
I got an e-mail this morning from our realestate agent. He says our hot tub is discouraging potential renters. Surely there has got to be one person out there who loves a good soak as much as I do. But whatever happens, I loved it while I had it.

No comments: