Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Preparing to prepare for Thanksgiving

After packing lunches and sending the family off, I settled down to finish reading a book. I also finished the alterations on two pairs of pants. Then I headed for the bus stop to wait for the bus to the thrift shop. Just after I sat down, a man driving by offered me a ride. Since waiting in the cold is not my thing, I accepted. He was very nice, and dropped me off at the front door of the shop. I helped out for a few hours. Then I dropped by the bank. On my way back, a woman stopped me to ask where the furniture store was. It was on my way home, so I walked her there. She was nice, too. She is living in the Dragon Hill and looking for an apartment close to base. Well, I know what that is like.
When I got home, I had lunch, checked e-mail, and made my scarf into the rug it was meant to be. Looks good. Chris gave me a pair of pants and a book bag to mend. Then I started cleaning my sewing room since someone is coming by tomorrow for some quilting assistance. I printed out the two recipes I plan to make tomorrow morning (to be ready for Thursday). I put a new bag in the vac and now I can go to bed.

No comments: