Monday, November 17, 2008

Finishing projects


In church we heard a new instrument. It is called Hae Gum. It had two strings tuned a fifth apart. The bow went between them so she could play either string, although I don't think she could play both. Here is a picture.
Sunday afternoon I finished the second quilt and started my second pair of pants. These will be black. I have the pieces cut out and sewn together. I just need to find the right placement for the elastic band, and hem them. While I was binding the quilt, we watched CSI. It was the first TV we've watched since we got here. We can't change the channel for some reason, but as long as they keep playing CSI episodes, that's ok with me.

Monday I got up early, worked on the pants some more, got ready for quilt meeting, and made a heart block. Then it was time to leave. That was when I realized that I had inadvertently sewn an extra piece of fabric to the backside of the heart block. Grr. Anyway, we (Pam and I) showed up for quilting and the first thing I did was take out the stitches holding the extra piece. At the end of the meeting, I re-stitched it by hand so we could drop by the post office and mail it.
Pam and Andrea and I are going to the SIWA arts and crafts fair tomorrow. Then on Wednesday, Pam and Tonette and I are going to Dongdaemun. So stay tuned.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

I like watching CSI too!

Fern said...

Great minds think alike.