Tuesday, November 11, 2008

New Quilt


Monday I finished the quilt, then Chris and I met Nancy in Itaewon for lunch. (Chris was home because it was a training holiday and they told him to take the day off.) We ate at a Thai restaurant. It was outstanding! And spicy. I had the chicken with green curry. After wards we stopped by the German deli for pretzels. We passed a man selling fruits and vegetables. I bought some more persimmons. I had used up the last two making persimmon bread (like banana bread). On the way back my right earring fell out. We couldn't find it. Chris told me to just make another one, since I had made that pair with stuff from Dongdaemun and Chris' Leatherman. So, ok.
Tuesday all three of us were home for Veteran's Day. We discussed ideas for a family outing, but Michele didn't feel well and had homework. So Chris and I took the subway to Insadong, since I had heard it mentioned a lot. We wanted to see what was there. But that meant different things to each of us. To me it meant wandering down streets, looking into shops, and taking a closer look at ones that looked interesting. To Chris it meant taking a quick walk around, noting what kind of stores there were and leaving. Oh, well. We did buy a stand for my keyboard, and a foot shaver (for the dry skin). Also, we bought local food: a sausage with coleslaw wrapped in a pancake. It was very good. And a pancake wrapped around mashed potato salad. It was good, too. I didn't believe the sign that said "Mashed potato salad", but that is exactly what it was: mashed potatoes with pieces of hard-boiled eggs, and spices. And the pancakes were even better. They were sweet. Chris thought they were made from buckwheat. We brought these delicacies home to share with Michele.

1 comment: