Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Lucky find


Wednesday: I got up early to make lunches, but DIDN'T go back to bed. Yawn. Instead, I started sewing on another quilt, a variation of the one I just did. I had cut the pieces last night, so all I had to do was sew. I am making triangles by sewing together squares and rectangles, and cutting off the part I don't need. Also, I am sewing together the cut-off triangles for another project. Boy, are there a lot of them!
A friend asked for some silk, so I packed it in my bag along with her address, and an envelope for my mother. I headed out. When I reached the post office, I realized the the address had stayed home. Grr! But they let me bring the box home to pack and address later. But on the way, I stopped by the Chosun, where they had a new shipment of silk in new colors. How to choose? Luckily a friend was there, choosing also, so we decided to split 4 colors. We each bought two colors and will exchange halves on Monday. I also stopped by the thrift shop. What a lucky thing! I found a chair that exactly matches the chair I bought there a month ago. What are the chances of that? But then I needed my rolling cart to get it home. Before I could leave, The head of the thrift shop cornered me. They have a fashion show every February where the volunteers of the thrift shop wear outfits and accessories from the store and the guests can buy the ones they like. Nisha really pushed to have me pick out a gown to wear. I just don't know about doing that. I did finally get out, went home, brought back the cart, and rolled my chair home. What a pair they make. Then, after supper, I finished my quilt top. I also watched our current Netflix movie "Tuesdays with Morrie". What a good movie! Watch it with tissues.

No comments: