Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hiking vs. mountain climbing.


The Lunds provided us with transportation to church as usual. After church, I met a lady named Hyon. She wanted to learn machine piecing and quilting so I invited her over. She and her husband followed us home from church to see where we lived. Then, after giving Chris a haircut and making a list for the commissary, I got a call from her asking if we wanted to go hiking with them in an hour. We said yes, then had to rush to the commissary and back to be ready on time.
There is a difference between hiking and mountain climbing. Parts of the trail were very close to mountain climbing, especially since we were ascending a mountain. We were greeted by 60 degree slopes of granite and limestone covered in leaves and pinestraw. I did slip a few times, but the views were worth it. I forgot my camera, but Hyon brought hers. She sent me a pic, and I will post it if she gives me permission. The wind was cold at the top of the mountain and I was glad for Chris' jacket. We had a good time talking with them and seeing their 2 little dogs run up and down the rocky formations. I hope I won't be sore tomorrow.

No comments: