Sunday, November 9, 2008

SEWING, finally



So, Friday I stayed home to sew. I finished the stocking and the December block of the month (see pic). Saturday I stayed home to sew again. I wanted to make some small quilted things. I have noticed that other quilters have a plethora of small quilted things lying about their houses. And since I will be the February host, I figured I had better have some small quilted things, too. But what? Looking through my block-a-day for a year calendar, I came across a block called Autumn Cross. It had lots of pieces for a 12 inch block, so I doubled it to make a 24 inch block. Might as well make it big enough to see. And I had the fabric selection for the block of the month still lying on the table. Well, I divided it up into 9 segments, which would go together like a 9-patch. I made the segments, but then played around with their placement. That made a totally different block. I added a pieced border to finish out the new design, and called the top complete. So on Sunday (after church), I layered and quilted it. I am working on the binding now.
For this quilt I have been using the reconditioned machine I bought, Singer 140Q. The quarter inch foot is awesome. I had to match a million points and almost all of them are perfect. I like the machine, but it growls at me when I step on the foot pedal. I don't know what that means.
Re: the blue pants. I like they way they fit and look, so I want to make some more pairs. But in order to buy more stretch denim I have to decide what color I would like my underwear to be. Maybe red. Then I will have some red, some white and some blue.

No comments: