Thursday, May 4, 2017

FRG turnover

I got up just before 8 and got dressed. Myra called just after 8. She wanted to get the battery for the lawn mower to finish the grass at the quad. I got it from the shed and took it out to the curb. Dynee was up and sweeping the sidewalk, so I talked to her for a moment before Myra arrived. I put the battery in her front seat and she drove away. I went inside to drink a quart of water and to check e-mail I wrote a list of things I intended to do today. One of them was to mow at the quad, but I checked that off because Myra was doing it. I got hooked transcribing the audio from last week. I did quite a bit of it. I made and ate breakfast. I searched the Swanson website for capsule versions of my liquid supplements.
Myra returned with my lawn mower, saying it took longer than she thought. I went back to transcribing, when Chris came home with a package from Swansons. I stopped transcribing to talk to him. I checked e-mail while he ate lunch.
Then Chris left for work. I hunted up our NEO packet. I put a container of Epsom salts in my bag for later. I washed my feet and went to NEO at the chapel. I signed in and sat with Terri. She had handed her packet to a group of men at the back of the room, so I handed mine in, too. Amber arrived later with her packet and her son. The leader gave us the talk, which we had heard several times before: essentially twice a year. Then I stood in line to get my packet. They told me I needed a few more forms and a something for my car key. I promised to tell Chris. Then, since no one was at the desk, I asked the chaplain if I could reserve the chapel classroom for next week for an FRG meeting. And he wrote it down. I walked home and watered my plants. I read some e-mail.
At 2:40, I walked out to the massage place after shaving my calves. I got there right at 3. The lady sat me down and filled a bucket with water, adding the red stuff. I did not know how to tell her not to. She hasn't done it in so long that I thought she knew not to. But she did put in the Epsom salts I gave her.
After my feet soaked for a long time, (I had my eyes closed, listening to classical music on my phone), the lady woke up the massage man. He came out and rubbed my soles, toes, ankles and calves. It was wonderful, mostly.
On the way back from my massage, I stopped at the little grocery store and bought a plastic container of little tomatoes. Originally I wanted the bowl of big tomatoes for $3, but they were soft.
When I got near the tennis court, I ran into the head of CYP. She asked if we (the sewing group) had any shiny material to make sashes for Mother's Day. I told her we had some yellow leftover from the Belle dress Myra made for the Beauty and the Beast party. She said that would be fine and if we didn't have time to make it, we could give her the fabric and she would make them.
Just as I crossed the street, Dynee was driving by and gave me a ride up the hill. I helped her carry her groceries in. Then we talked about the FRG money box and agreed to go to the bank tomorrow to see if we could get an account (without giving up our social security numbers).
Chris came home from work about 5. I was getting out the near infrared bulb from its box. I got out a small glass lamp and plugged it in near the couch. Chris screwed the bulb in. Then I sat beside it and aimed it at the itchy spot by my ear. I used my other hand to shield my eyes. I did not time it, but stayed there about 10 minutes.
Then Myra came over to give me some plant baskets lined with moss and dirt. Then Amber, the former FRG president, came over with her husband and son. They carried the FRG boxes to my shed. She handed me some notebooks, too. We talked for a bit.
After she left, I tried to figure out what to plant in the baskets. Myra had thought the half-round baskets would look good on the bamboo pole, but they were too big. It was a shame because the petunias needed bigger pots. I knew they would look good on the shepherd's hooks, but the fushias there did not need bigger pots. In the end, I put dahlias in the baskets because they needed it the most. It was getting dark so I came in.
The desktop computer had finally been rebooted enough that all the updates had taken place. I searched the computer for a delta BWE recording and found one. I put a blank CD in the slot and burned a copy to play in bed at night.
I ate some vegetables. I texted the treasurer and the new secretary to find a good time for a board meeting. Chris and I sat down to watch two episodes of Once Upon a Time. Then he went to bed. I answered the returned texts. I changed into my night gown and put the delta CD in the little CD player by my bed. Then I sat down to write my blog. It was hard to piece my day back together, but the list helped. When it was done, I finalized my Swansons order, posted to my blog, and went to bed.
* I didn't take any pics today, so here is the cupcake I made for Chaun. *

No comments: