Saturday, May 13, 2017

Outdoor movie

I stayed up late perfecting my sleep track. I transferred it to my tablet, then went to bed and listened to it. But it ended far too soon. I laid awake, wishing I were asleep.
I woke up early. I heard Chris get up and take out the food waste. Then my phone alarm went off. Eventually I got up. I drank some water and checked e-mail. I looked up apps for my tablet and downloaded one called Twilight, and another one that plays rain sounds. Chris separated the laundry and started the white load. We walked out in town to the bank to get currency for China. But the bank lobby was closed. Still, we were able to get the rest of Michele's money out (in three transactions).
Then he went to work. I went outside to get some sun while I trimmed the yard. I pulled a lot of the mint that was out of control. Chris came home from work. He put the colored load in the washer, but did not start it until after I took my shower. I decided not to eat today. I spent some time creating more rope for necklaces. I hung a different panel on the wall; replacing the Christmas one with one of the Eiffel tower. I baked banana cookies. I pulled the clothes from the second hand shops out of the dryer. I laid them on the bed and pulled pants and shorts and shirts from my drawers. I tried to pack, or at least decide what to take.
Finally I texted Dynee to see if she was ready to go to the 5-day market. She called to say the barbecue wasn't over yet. So I asked Chris to drive me. He agreed. It was going to be a quick trip: go to the market, get the skirt I had seen on Monday, and come back. But there was traffic on the way. We parked at Home Plus. The market was so crowded we could barely get through. The second hand shop was further up the hill than I remembered. Then I had to find it, and it was still there! But then I discovered my fanny pack was gone. I figured it was in the car. So Chris had to pay for the skirt. Then we walked back, dodging the crowd. We were across the street from Home Plus when an older Korean man started talking to Chris. Perhaps he was just practicing his English. He talked to us all across the street, into Home Plus, and into the elevator. The elevator ride was long because we went up to the third floor, but then went down to the basement before getting to the 4th floor. When we came out in the upper parking deck, we finished the conversation and headed to our car. Chris wondered if the man had been fishing for information. We discovered that my fanny pack was indeed in the car. Then Chris drove us home. As we walked from the parking lot to the house, Dynee called, but hung up when she spotted me. She asked me to go with her to buy flowers. So I turned around and got in her car. She drove down to Lotte Mart and came back down the other street, then made a u-turn. She parked with flashers right in front of the florist. I sat in the car, a little uncomfortable because the cars rushing past were so close. Then she came out with a bouquet. She put it in the back seat and drove us to the traditional market. We looked through three shoe shops. She found some footies like mine. We looked at dress pants, but decided to keep going. We went to the underwear store. I got a white tank top to go underneath stuff and a pair of lingerie shorts to wear under skirts. Then we went to another shoe place. The shoes were more expensive so we went back to the third place. After examining every black shoe in the place, I bought a pair of white ones. Then we got in her car and came home. When I came in, Chris was on his laptop. I checked my e-mail and read about MWR showing Top Gun in the tennis court. I wanted to know how it was done, so I walked down there. I spoke to the couple who had just had a baby. Amber was holding her. Then we watched the movie. Darkness had fallen and the air was getting chilly. I was sitting there in shorts. I could see a projector on a table, showing the movie on what appeared to be an inflatable screen. Later Dynee and Ryan sat beside me. But as the temp dropped, I decided my job was done. I excused myself and walked home. I listened to some of the rain sounds on my tablet, then started playing 2048. When Chris was ready, we watched three episodes of Once Upon a Time. Then he went back to fiddling with the new cheap laptop and I typed up my blog, ready to try the sleep program again.
* The puhlowah shop. *

No comments: