Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Packing - the final frontier

I fell asleep on the couch last night, listening to something on Youtube. I awoke sometime later and went to bed. I would have said that I slept well, but I did not feel like getting up the next morning.
I got up about 8:45. I read e-mail and drank a quart of water with a whole lemon in it. (gotta use up those lemons). I got my packing list and ran around trying to find items. I found Michele's old Ipod Shuffle. It seemed like a good place to put some sleep music. However, I tried it with my new laptop, the desktop, and my old laptop. I got different readings from each one. Mostly the old desktop said it did not exist. Chris came home for lunch and tried, too. I thought he had it. I made seed crackers using the big egg. It seemed to be big enough to substitute for the three eggs it calls for. I went back to packing what was on my list. Dynee texted me that she wanted to go walk the trail. So I went with her. We walked and talked. When we got back, I checked e-mail and looked for the packing sheet. I kept mislaying it. I went through my laptop cases looking for the mp3 headphones. When I finally found them, they were in my sauna bag. I practiced writing documents on my tablet, just in case I cannot post to my blog from China. At least I can save them on my tablet for June.
I went through my supplements to pick out the most important ones and pack them in the smallest bottles. Once I had all of my items picked, I wrapped them in clear plastic bags, then put them in the suitcase. I put the toiletries bag in the carry on with the seed crackers, banana cookies and chocolates. I ate things that were going to rot in the fridge. I collated the recyclables. Chris came home after 8. He made himself supper. I put everything in the suitcase and decided to fill the rest of the space with puffits, which I could throw away as I bought stuff in China. We watched two more episodes of Shetland. Then Chris packed his suitcase while I took one more look at my e-mail, knowing I might not see it again for two weeks.
* This pic is from the walk Dynee and I took yesterday. We found a quaint little pottery shop. *

No comments: