Sunday, May 7, 2017

Lemonade

I listened to my CD again last night, but instead of listening to all the music part, I skipped ahead to the quiet beat part. And it worked. I fell asleep, woke up long enough to move the CD player to the nightstand and went back to sleep.
I woke up in the morning hearing Chris take his shower. He got dressed and went to church. I got up, drank a quart of water and checked e-mail. I put on an audio and sat by my infrared light for 15 minutes. Then I did Sudoku puzzles and forgot about the time.
When the audio was over, it was almost 10. I jumped up to wash and get dressed for church. I heard Kurt send me a skype message while I was having a bite of seed cracker. I answered him and had another bite. Then the skype call sounded. I answered, thinking it was Kurt, but it was Michele. We talked for a few minutes, then Chris came home. We both talked to her and then I drove myself to church so Chris could talk to her some more.
I was late to the service, but the praise team had just started singing. I sat in my usual pew. The sermon was from Exodus, where the Israelites fight the Amalekites. It was Jacob's side of the family fighting Esau's side of the family.
After the service I talked to Kathy, and then Chantal, and a couple from Busan. Then I walked outside to see if Chris was there. He wasn't, so I called him. He was still talking to Michele.
I drove myself home and we finished the call together. Then I changed my clothes and we drove to the commissary. I brought plastic bags to use, but when we checked out, it took the bag boy longer to use those than to use the new ones. Chris was embarrassed and I heard about it on the way home.
When we got home, we put the groceries away. I made and ate breakfast. I listened to the last of Oprah's meditations. I put on an audio. I checked e-mail again.
I saw on Facebook that Kathy's kids were doing a lemonade stand in front of their house. After the audio was over, I asked Chris if he would like to walk down there. He said ok, but didn't move. I went outside to water the plants. Dynee and Ryan were just getting back from riding the Rhino. I told her about the lemonade stand and she wanted to go. So I told Chris and he said he was coming. In a few minutes, Chris, myself, Dynee and her dog were walking down to Kathy's house. But the stand was gone. Since the front door was open, we called out. Kathy called her kids. They had given up and started drinking their own lemonade. But there was enough left for the three of us. We each paid $3, and Dynee gave $1 extra. I had seen Kathy buy the lemons and she had sweetened it with honey. We sipped and talked for some time. Chris left and went to work. Mandy and Ray stopped by for lemonade, but there was only one cup left, so Kathy gave them kombucha instead. They drove away.
Eventually Dynee and I headed home. On the way we saw Lacee and Chelsea and their kids. I invited them to the FRG meeting next week. We talked a little longer and then we went home. I stayed outside to re-pot some dahlias. I also had to replace the bamboo pole that the petunias were hanging on since the first one split. I saw that Dynee had dumped some plants up in the woods and I resolved to go get the dirt later. I put out a pan of beer for the slugs. In less than an hour, I noticed they had found it already.
Chris had made onion soup, so I ate a bowl of that. Then he sliced up some peppers for us. I topped mine with sprouts and fermented soybeans. I checked e-mail again. I got into a text conversation with the kombucha group on post. I listened to a tapping audio. I made notes for my blog.
Chris made himself a drink, then we sat together and watched three episodes. Afterward, we dressed the bed with clean sheets. Chris retired for the night and I stayed up to post to my blog.8
* This is our best geranium. *

No comments: