Monday, May 8, 2017

Five day market

After posting to my blog last night, I downloaded the delta beat to my phone. But when I realized that my headphones won't fit in the phone, I moved it to my tablet. The downside of that was that I would have to view the blue screen in order to tell it to play. And blue light stops the production of melatonin. So, I listened to the CD again last night, skipping ahead to the beat part after a few minutes of the music. It did not put me to sleep:(
I woke up hearing Chris take his shower. Sometime after he went to work, I got up. I drank some water and swished. I exercised and rebounded. I made coffee. I meditated and tapped. Then I cleaned the kitchen. I swept the bathrooms and dustmopped all the wood floors. Myra called to say she was going to the 5-day market at 12:30. I texted Dynee and Terri to see if they wanted to come along. Then I took a shower, and ate some seed crackers. I went outside to water the plants, keeping an eye on the time. Dynee came out and watered, too. I showed her the 40+ slugs I caught last night. When we saw Myra drive up, we put our watering cans down. I grabbed my market bag and walked to the parking lot. Rose came along, too. Myra drove the four of us to the chapel where she dropped off her sewing machine for Chantal to use later. Rose went to the ATM. We could see the Christmas Party committee selling burritos in front of the commissary. Then we drove to the parking lot of Home Plus and walked to the market from there. The four of us wandered through the market, buying produce. I got a very large egg, not sure what creature laid it. I also got sesame seeds.
We stopped at the shoe place. We all looked through the shoes, trying them on and asking for other colors or sizes. Mostly he did only had what was out. I bought one pair. Myra bought 3 pairs. Then we walked up the hill to the kimchi place. The lady did not have old kimchi so I had to buy it fresh. On the way down, we stopped at some second hand clothing places. Most of it was too small for us. But I did see a skirt I thought would fit Michele. I took a pic but did not buy it. Then we wandered back to Home Plus and took the car home. Myra dropped us off at our parking lot (that Dynee, Rose and I share). She gave us each some tomatoes because she had to get a whole plate full and only wanted 2. (They are leaving tomorrow). Then we each went home. Dynee and I discussed when our yard needed mowing again. The Koreans who do the public places were out mowing today, but had not done the hills behind our houses.
I put the food away, and ate one tomato. I tried fermenting coconut water with coconut whey. I watered the few plants that did not get watered earlier. I opened a coconut and drank the water. Trying to get the meat out, I broke off the tip of the steak knife. Don't tell Chris.
I read e-mail for awhile. Then I put water on the stove to boil. I vacuumed the rooms with rugs. Then I added sugar and tea bags to the water and let it cool. Chris came home from work while I was listening to an audio and doing Sudoku puzzles. He brought veggies from the corner market. I took most of the kombucha from the kombucha jar and filled it with the tea from the stove. I sat down to continue listening, this time sipping kombucha as I worked the puzzles.
Around 8, Chris hooked my laptop to the TV and we watched two episodes. Then I took my evening supplements. He put a pot of rice in the fridge and went to bed. I stayed up to blog.
* A picture from the market. *

No comments: