Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Last day on the ship

At 1:55 we met the family at the 4th deck atrium. The group of us went into the wheelhouse to see the navigation area and hear a talk on the subject. Then we went to Al and Cecily's room to talk about gratuities to the staff, etc. From there, Marie, Michele, Al and I went to the observation lounge to play Mahjongg. We played two hands, and then it was time for the dumpling lesson, in the same place. We watched the chefs make wontons while the activities director explained. We also had handouts. Then the group was invited up to try forming wontons. Waiters passed out already cooked wontons and they were good.
I went back to the room to play 2048. I was continuing the game Michele started which had a 4096 in it already. I almost fell asleep. We missed the presentation on Chinese culture and the captains cocktail party.
I got dressed for dinner and at 7 we walked with Michele to the dining room. We were joined by Shirley and Ann. There was a lot of gluten and dairy on the menu. So I got the potato soup and ordered a large plate of fruit (which wasn't on the menu, but they said fruit was available.) Michele shared her vegetables with me, as did Cecily and Ann. Thankfully the others helped me eat the large plate of fruit.
After supper we went to the room to fill envelops with tips. Chris gave one to the man who cleans our room (twice a day). We gave one to the Maitre D'. I took some time to pack my large suitcase. I used the hairdryer to finish trying my nightgown. Then I went to see Dyveen who was vacuuming the sewing area. I gave her an envelop. She asked for my e-mail and we traded. Then we walked up to see Cassie, who was cleaning the tea area. I gave her an envelop, too. We traded e-mails, too. Then the three of us talked for hours. Another lady joined the conversation briefly. She was talking about washing silk. She also said the shampoo here was a very expensive French brand and had no chemicals in it. At 11, I had to go. Dyveen walked me to my room. She took our photo with her phone and my tablet. Then we said goodbye.
I told Chris my suitcase was packed, so he put it in the hall to be collected later. I wrote my blog in a notebook to post later. I read the bottle of shampoo. Most of it was in Chinese, but the words PEG-40 and PEG-7 stood out. Oh well.
Then we went to bed.
The ship was moving quickly, presumably to get to the next port on time. Chris had set the alarm for 5:30, but we did not get up until an hour later. I took some vitamin C. We washed up and got dressed. I ate some seed crackers. Then we went to the dining room. Michele and Marie were at one table and Al and Cecily at another. We had to sit at a third. We had a nice visit with a couple sitting there. I ate lots of fruit, to improve motility. (Perhaps I should just drink the water?)
Then we did the last minute packing. I typed up my blog so far and posted.

No comments: